Donald Simpson Community Centre thrives, by the wonderful work and time given by the Volunteers to help in many aspects of running the centre. It differs from being a convenor for an activity, to lending a hand in our cafe, to setting up activity rooms, outdoor garden works etc.
We are always looking for volunteers to join on board. Below are the current vacancies available. Please email email@example.com
for more information or to submit your expression of interest.
Activity Conveners - Do you have a skill in an activity which you could pass on to others? Do you like interacting with people and teaching new skills?
Kitchen Hand Volunteers - Morning or afternoon shifts available. Duties include
Flyer/Brochure Designer -
- Doing various tasks such as clearing up, tidying, restocking, ordering and washing.
- Tidying up food preparation areas after they have been used.
- Operating the dishwasher and coffee machine
- Light preparation of meals (making sandwiches, salads etc).
Do you have a passion in creating brochures, flyers, or other marketing promotional work. If this was a skill you have used in your work life before, we would love to hear from you. Traffic Coordinator Volunteer
- Our premises is always busy, and are looking out for volunteers who can help in traffic management, mainly to guide seniors to a parking spot, and advising members of the signage and non-parking areas. Timings, and days are flexible. Functions Volunteers -
We run 4-5 functions a year, and some musical events on weekends. If you would like to be part of the function and help in set up, and running the kitchen, we would love to hear from you. Offsite Activities Convener
- Conveners are sought for activities which can be undertaken in venues around the Redlands in halls or other public venues with suitable space. The community organisation wishes to provide activities for seniors in their local areas, particularly to help those who are not able to travel easily to other centres or who wish to participate closer to home.
This is an extension of our goal of providing opportunities for seniors to remain involved in social activities and to keep their minds and bodies active to contribute to their wellbeing